Sunday, July 18, 2010

Designer Snuggie Commercial




My favorite quote: "When are you going to make something a little more stylish for me?"

A couple days ago, I was perusing my very favorite institution, Target, and realized the Snuggie is no longer just a Snuggie, but a Designer Snuggie. While this isn't hot off the presses journalism, it is a grand discovery for me. Perhaps if I just put "designer" in front of my name it would make it more valid.

Immediately I texted some friends with the news:

Press release from Deakers PR: Snuggies now have pockets. Function and fashion come to Target in holy comfort matrimony.

Responses were as follows:

"Have you come across luxurious microfleece with pockets? Heavenly!"
-Shannon Duggan, long time friend and fellow VIP

"Thank GOD! I've been holding out! Convenience finally meets perfection with Lady Gaga inspired R&R gear!"
- Lauren Klein, former roommate and first witness of my genius when I discovered the Snuggie could be used as a Lady Gaga Polar Bear-esqe cape from Bad Romance video.

"SNUGGIES WITH POCKETS? I'm so glad I've held off on buying mine because this is so much BETTER! GAH. I can't wait to parade around as gaga with you!"
-Dilara Cirit, soulmate, poet, and Snuggie enthusiast

"That is such fantastic news. Another thing to keep me from getting off the sofa...love it!"
- Haley, my incredible sister, and swiper of prized Zebra luxury.

"Holy shit."
- Graham Miller, long time supporter of my insanity, and aforementioned Beyonce impersonator.

Holy shit, is right. You may find the Snuggie to just be a piece of it-- just an over-size fleece robe. Or, we can exalt it for what it is: an extraordinarily ridiculous and simple invention functioning as whatever we wish it to be...ever changing, just how design always changes for our needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment