Tuesday, August 3, 2010

OPI Hong Kong nail polish collection



I love color nomenclature. It's one of my very favorite pastimes. I've told a select few friends that next to being a professional writer, professor, and tap dancer extraordinaire, I'd consider naming polish colors for OPI to be my dream job.

Color definitely has an instantaneous affect on people. The visceral reaction that I get from color has always interested me, and I am trying to learn more about color theory to understand it. But what's even better about color-- are the puns that come with them!

My favorites?

"Bling Dynasty". Why? Because it's the marriage between urban hue and irony with a Chinese allusion.

While "Pearl of Wisdom" is a pretty sheen, the viscosity of the paint does not coat the nail thoroughly.

But my favorite color coupled with a hilarious name is "A Good Man-darian is Hard to Find". Punned after one of my favorite short stories by Flannery O'Connor, this vibrant orange is as fresh and memorable as the citrus counterpart!

1 comment:

  1. I own "A Good Mandarin!" It's such a punchy, flashy color! So fun for summer <3

    ReplyDelete